MY ODYSSEY AT UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS NIGERIA

 

MY ODYSSEY AT UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS NIGERIA.
During my first year in school with CHM 102 practicals. I missed a session and still managed to garner a 68 score while the overall best student in unilag in my dept also had a B. During my stay as a BCH student, I never had an 'A' in Biochemistry courses and never had a 'C' in Chemistry courses. I was pained in BCH 307 course where I had a 'C' and a very close friend had an 'A'. The most painful is my seminar presentation where I had the best slide presentation for the day but still got a 'B' all by the same lecturer to say a few. My colleagues would say despite my handwriting I still do not have a carryover and in Ekimini Anthony's voice: Seun how do you normally do it that you don't normally have carryover in BCH courses? Noah, this guy is a genius ooo or what do you think? 

I'll just smile.


My lecturer crush while I was still in university was #Dr_Ezikpe and the reason was that we kinder connect the first time I saw her and it was late in my 300L before I can distinguish between her and my Supervisor.....
The crushing became more intense when I found out she studied what I  plan to study during my master i.e clinical biochemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry.......
But I was discouraged by this same lecturer saying I'll just be carrying my certificate if I take that path.......
How did it happen...
I, the lecturer, and two other students were fortunate to start a conversation in front of the Bch complex and the best student in our class was telling him about the novel project he wants to undertake. He told him people are already doing research in Nigeria.
He also asked me what I wanted to do as my project research, I said I don't know yet and used that to tell him my future ambition........
Now I've promised myself if I'll do any masters in biochemistry, it will be the abroad
M.sc in Chemistry calling on me preferably Organic or Analytical Chemistry.
I was later inspired by my external project supervisor who studied chemistry in his degree and Bch in his postgraduate degree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A DATE WITH DESTINY

WORLD'S DELICACIES

QUANTUM COMPUTING